Budapest Global is an independent, public-private platform that aims to enable long-term, structured collaboration between the Municipality of Budapest, business organisations and knowledge institutions – the triple helix – with a vision to make Budapest a globally-connected, competitive and liveable city.
Cities face many challenges – driven by climate change, rapid technological development and increasing economic competition – which are complex and dynamic in nature. Finding solutions to these challenges requires key urban stakeholders to work together and create synergies for an impact bigger than what their organisation can achieve alone.
Within the structure of Budapest Global, the we first aim is to create projects and collaboration in three main areas:
- improving the attractiveness of Budapest for talents;
- supporting smart city experimentation and the application of new, digital technologies;
- and organising collective actions for urban sustainability.
To achieve these goals, we want to mobilise the leadership, expertise and resources of the founding members.
Budapest Global acts as a connector of enterprising organisations and a catalyst of innovation by:
- fostering the exchange of new ideas, knowledge and information;
- providing a forum on Budapest’s future development;
- mobilising members’ resources, expertise and leadership;
- creating a network of pioneers and visibility for best practices.
Budapest Global founding board members are a driving force in Budapest Global, both as outstanding leaders within their respective sectors and as a group, which represents the cornerstone of Budapest knowledge economy and innovation community. The initiative has already gathered some of the most important stakeholders in Budapest’s business, start up and knowledge community: ALTEO, Budapest Airport, Central Media Group, Egon Zehnder, ELTE, Graphisoft, IKEA, IVSZ, MOL, Nestlé, OTP, Prezi, Startup Hungary, Vodafone and Wallis.
Municipality of Budapest
Press Relations Office